The ancient abbey was truly one of the highlights of our trip. We took the advice of Rick Steves and went after 3:00, and spent the night. Sure enough, the island emptied and the summer nights music in the abbey was accompanied by beautiful lighting in the rooms of the abbey itself was well worth the cost of a hotel. The acoustics are amazing, and the photo opportunities were plentiful.
It is truly inspiring to think of landmarks like this being built stone by hand-cut stone.
- Mont St. Michel – Le Mont-Saint-Michel, France (travelpod.com)
- Mont Saint Michele (marricks.wordpress.com)
- Mont Saint Michel (saraandsuitcase.wordpress.com)
- Mont-Saint-Michel from Saint-Malo Info and Photos (travel25years.wordpress.com)
- Le Mont Saint Michel – The Grave of God (victortravelblog.com)
- Our First Visitors – St. Malo & Le Mont St. Michel (ournomadiclife.com)